BitLocker has become a great piece of “free” software to encrypt your hard drive or just some files. This is a quick guide on How to Encrypt Windows with BitLocker.
Why Encrypt? In case someone steals your device they have access to everything! Please Read my Encryption Blog Post. Click Here
Before we begin
Lets get into it
1. Go to your start menu and type “BitLocker“
3. If you get this error then we need to disable the TPM section in Group Policy editor.
4. All is well? Then lets continue. Please have a backup just in case something goes bad. A backup is the most import thing to have.
Please read my post on Onsite backup
5. Your computer will check to see if it is compatible with BitLocker and run a test to see. Its a Great idea.
6. Pick at least 2 places to save your recovery key. This is the thing that unlocks your drive.
Continue on and it will ask for one more restart and then
7. Your finished! Now its going to do its thang and encrypt your drive. To check to see its progress go to your System Tray at the bottom right and look for this groovey little icon and you can click on it to get an exact percentage.